Subject: Converted Daimler car was the first truck to carry cream to Wingham Factory
Persons in image: (L-R) F Gibson, Clyde Porter, unknown, Mr Swan & J Schneider
Image Reference: 9511B
This vehicle was bought as a Daimler car in Sydney, by Mr W Joyce of Wherrol Flat, in 1914. It was brought to Croki by steamer and driven to Wherrol Flat by Fred Gibson. Thomas Joyce converted the car to a truck body and it was the first lorry to convey cream to the Wingham Butter Factory. Clyde Porter was later a manager of the branch factory at Bobin.